[vdr] Re: schedule channel change

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:58:38 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> No, you don't - we could consider such a timer as "user activity", which
> automatically resets the shutdown timer. I really want such timers to be of
> "zero length".

But that would mean that the machine on for a EPG scan the time that is
set as user activity timeout. I would prefer that it immediately tries
to shutdown when one EPG scan is finished and there was no user
activity. Just like it is done today when the last timer finishes. This
keeps on time to a minimum.

BTW, I have changed the EPG scan here so that it only runs once every 2
hour interval. This improves the stability and reduces the power
consumption. It is pretty useles to run the EPG scan constantly.
Is it possible that you integrate something like this?

Thanks,
Emil