[vdr] Re: How to use 5.1 with VDR?

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:05:23 +0100
Gregoire Favre <greg@ulima.unil.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 11:52:57PM +0100, Mattia Rossi wrote:
>
> > > Mine is a Thrustmaster from Hercules...
> > > http://www.logicosoftware.ch/marketing/content/thrustmaster/multi/sound/index.asp

> > > I don't know whether it can play DTS or not???
> >

> > It can, just tested with my Onkyo ds-575, it works (I tried only 'The Lord of The rings' ;-) both with a 5.1 and a DTS track.
>
> My question was about the capability of my Thrustmaster from Hercules...

sorry, I was too excited about the thing ;-)

> > BTW, vdr-1.1.20 with a nexus-s 2.1, coax digital out
> > I havent't tested replay from Pro7, as soon as I enable DD recording I start having problems, and since I can't understand a single word (well, I can understand a couple of bad words but ...) of German I am not really interested ....
>
> I have a difference on my 5.1 (with Gladiator): with dolby digital, I
> can choose betweem stereo and pro-logic (in both choice I don't hear
> anything) and if I choose DTS, I can only choose Stereo (and I still
> don't hear anything at all).

Do you have a rev 2.1 or a rev 1.3 card, coax or optical ?
With my receiver I don't have to select anything, it switches automatically depending on the signal, when the signal is _not_ Dolby Digital then I get to select if I want to use stereo, pro logic and acouple of other settings ...

> > Great work Jan
>
> Yes, I am really happy that it's working for lots of people ;-)

Well, given the late hour, I'd say go to sleep and try again tomorrow with a clean vdr 1.1.20, reapply the patch and see what happens ...

Mattia