[vdr] Re: How to use 5.1 with VDR?

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 12:41:34AM +0100, Mattia Rossi wrote:

> Do you have a rev 2.1 or a rev 1.3 card, coax or optical ?

I got a rev 1.3 card, with self mounted optical cable... following the
VDR ml thread "How to connect the SPDIF of the DVB-s rev 1.3 to a
standard SPDIF?" started the 21.XII.2002.

> With my receiver I don't have to select anything, it switches automatically depending on the signal, when the signal is _not_ Dolby Digital then I get to select if I want to use stereo, pro logic and acouple of other settings ...

My receiver also automatic select the right (best) choice, but I can
"downgrade" it ;-)

> Well, given the late hour, I'd say go to sleep and try again tomorrow with a clean vdr 1.1.20, reapply the patch and see what happens ...

Last time I checked my receiver with my standalone DVD player, I
remember there was two mode (raw and ???) and only one was working with
my receiver, is there also such choices to be done under VDR?

Thank you very much,

	Grégoire