[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.2 plugin

Hi,

Rene Bartsch wrote:

/tmp ? (analogtv plugin uses /tmp for fifo between mp1e and vdr).

/tmp should always be local, so fifos are not disturbing other systems
if /video is mounted to multiple vdr+xine boxes. And is it possible
to create fifo to VFAT or SMB filesystems ?
I'd prefer a RTSP-interface. This would also allow to run xine on
another machine. But Reinhard doesn't want to implement it, now.

Also it would solve the fifo/directory/file-system-problem.
You upset me a little bit. Why don't you contribute to this discussion? I really wanted to get a working solution quickly to be able to make use of my new dish and make other people happy, that like it to use the plugin.

It's not that easy, to do it properly as you suggested. It really will take some time and I promised you to work on that issue for the next major release, maybe as a team with other people on the list, that already did some steps into that direction.

I really don't want to start a flame war and hope, that there will be no reply to this message. I just can't stand to always here "but you didn't it my way". Please don't get me wrong, and stop contributing at all, as I really appreciate your thoughts.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de