[vdr] Re: How to compile xine-plugin without re-installing Xine?

Hi,

Rene Bartsch wrote:

as I use the packages of my distro I don't want to re-install Xine. So I just want to compile the Xine-plugin. I've done a "./configure" and "make" in xine-lib and copied the "xineplug_inp_vdr.so" library into the plugin
Copying the library should really work, as I do it that way while developing.

directory of my Xine installation. But neither that way nor doing a additional "make DESTDIR=/tmp/xine" and copying the library makes Xine to find the plugin.
Maybe it is found, but cannot be loaded, due to unresolved symbols. Try a ldd on the compiled input plugin (at the final destination) and see, if it references the correct xine lib.

I assume something is going wrong with the linking to a static path.
Maybe. Another point could be, that the API version has changed between your distro's xine and CVS xine. Then, the input plugin won't load, but I'm not shure, whether there should appear an apropriate error message in that case.

Try:
video:/soft/src/xine-lib/src # grep INPUT_PLUGIN_IFACE_VERSION */*.h
input/input_plugin.h:#define INPUT_PLUGIN_IFACE_VERSION 13

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de