[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: bitstreamout 0.46g (AC3 loop through sound card)

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 02:51:22PM +0200, Joel LArsson wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I must first say, thanks for a great plugin. I use it to view DVDs with the DVD
> plugin. One feature that I would like is to have normal PCM audio out on the
> ALSA Spdif. Is there any plans or can I somehow obtain the same someother way.

If the linear PCM data are included as sub stream within an mpeg2 stream
(to be more precise, within a Private Stream 1) it should work for stereo
16bit@48kHz.  If not then the bitstreamout or dvd plugin has a bug ;^)
For dvd plugin this could also a problem of the libdvdnav, e.g. if the
PCM sub stream is broken and/or intermixed with AC3 data.

For a test case I'd like to get a sample of 30 seconds upto one minute.
Then I'm able to run xlist and od onto the file and after using genindex
it should be re-playable with VDR.

       Werner