[vdr] Re: Cutting VDR-Recordings

Manuel Hartl wrote:
> Carsten Bartels wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've spend the last 2 hours together with google, but I couldn't find
> anything
> > usefull.
> > I'm looking for a solution to cut my vdr-recordings (quite a lot right
> now)
> > without sitting in front of the tv with the remotecontrol for hours. I
> want
> > to use avidemux or GOPchop but they can't handle PES streams. They can
> handle
> > PS streams, but I could not find any tool to convert PES to PS without
> > reencoding.
> > Any hints?
> >

> try PVAStrumento (windows, use native or with wine (it works)) or the
> mplex tools (these
> were in the driver source... i think you can find them on the homepage of
> the metzler bros.)
>
> hope this helps..bye.
>
> ps: if you´ve got a monitor attached to your vdr box, i would suggest
> using kvdr. with
> kvdr you can control vdr with keyboard keys...this is a lot faster and
> more comfortable..
> you can also run vdr on a specific terminal and then use keyboard keys
> without kvdr..

I have made several bad experience with PVAStrumento when I tested it
several times, but maybe, the problems have been solved in the last versions. Since
more than a year I prefer ProjectX (former DS.JAR) from forum.lucike.de,
which is a Java tool that allows demuxing nearly all MPEG streams and also has
some basic cut functions - unfortunately, it still can´t read the marks.vdr,
so PVAStrumento might be the better choice.
But as I build my DVDs on Windows, I recommend to use the Windows tool
MPEG2Schnitt from www.mdienert.de. This tool is able to load one M2V video and
several MP2 and AC3 audio streams and cut them while maintaining the AV sync.
Additionally, you get a real time preview which makes editing faster and easier
and you can set a cut-out points also at P frames.

With kind regards

Jörg