[vdr] Re: CVS access

On Friday 16 January 2004 17:44, Rob Shortt wrote:

> Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I don't know the history, but I think Klaus should be the one who
> > commit "Klaus's changes" into the CVS, shouldn't he?

Sure, but I think he's said before that he's not interested in using CVS.

> I totally agree with you.  If Klaus doesn't want to maintain a publicly
> accessable CVS it should be his right as the project owner to not do so
> (or do so).  It isn't fair for someone else to do this unless they
> legitimately fork the project and use a different name.

Hmm. Well, this didn't seem like a sticky issue to me at first. Naturally I'd
like to see VDR in CVS for all the standard reasons.

Maybe we should ask Klaus?

Hey Klaus:

Suppose I took VDR, patched it with a lot of the patches floating around, and
put the source up on my home page for people to download. How would you feel
about that? Regardless of what the GPL allows, would you personally be
offended?

If not, what would be the difference if I put it in a public CVS and did the
same thing? Maybe that in CVS it would look like an "official" VDR code base?

For all following this thread: This thread was not initiated in any hostile
manner. Not only am I not interested in hijacking VDR, I'm not knowledgeable
enough to develop it further. :)

- Bud
"The threat of madness is the price of reason" - Susanne Langer