[vdr] Re: 1.3.1 and Conax not working

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

<Conax problems>

>> Once I did get a single still frame shown when switching to an encrypted
>> channel, so something is kind of working.
>>
>> Anything particular that should be tested/debugged or is it better to
>> revert to 1.2.6 for now?
>
>You could enable the debug output in VDR/ci.c in both versions and
>try to compare the data that is sent to the CAM. Version 1.3.1 has some
>changes regarding CAM access, but they were supposed to make things better,
>not worse...

I enabled the debugging and got the following results. The two files are
made as links as they are fairly long:

http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/media/dvb/debug-1.2.6pre4.txt
http://www.infa.abo.fi/~chakie/media/dvb/debug-1.3.2.txt

1.2.6pre4 works fine. I did some channel changes within the encrypted
channels and then finished by changing to a FTA channel.

1.3.2 shows a black screen (but EPG works fine) for all encrypted
channels. I switched two or three times. The debug output is basically
just the same line over and over again, even when channels were switched.

Is this of any help, or would you like more "scientific" debugging?

Regards,
   Jan Ekholm

--
        Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man