[vdr] Re: Howto route audio through soundcard

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

>> > bitstreamout 0.50a should do the job for both MP2 and AC3 audio.
>> >

>> What I actually need is a way out of the analog output of my onboard sound
>> (can output analog 5.1) of my board with SIS651 chipset.
>
> I can not add a decoder even if a52dec lib is GPL ... the Dolby Labs Inc.
> do have patents and rights on that stuff.

I understand. Maybe I have to be more precise: I simply like to have the sound
output over DVB-Card _and_ sound card as well. Donīt care for DTS, I have no
DTS equipment anyway. Simply stereo or 5.1 is OK for me.

See: http://www.videolan.org/dtsdec.html

> AFAIK the current a52dec lib should be able to use ALSA and if your
> sound card is supported with multi channel output  it should works
> simply with `-a' option.   AFAIK there is also a plugin around doing
> the same stuff from Marcel Wiesweg.

Must be the wrong Person. Do you have a command line example?

Thanks,
Andreas