[vdr] Re: Handling of reccmds.conf and commands.conf

Patrick Cernko wrote:

By the way, as vdr "regenerates" channels.conf and setup.conf (did I miss some files), maybe these files should also be stored in /var... Doesn't FHS also imply that /etc could be read-only?
I think /etc is inteded to be writable to administrators only. So consequently, vdr should only run as root. But putting the channels.conf or setup.conf somewhere outside /etc isn't a good idea either, because these files are conf-Files, that shouldn't be deleted, when removing the package (only when purging it).

Tobias