[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.2.1 plugin

hello,

 > > The FF and REW still have the problem that they seem to be slower than
 > > the actual playing of the record (but just give out still frames every
 > > few seconds).
 >
 > For fast forward/rewind, VDR only sends I-frames to the output device. The
 > first fast speed issues a "Trickspeed: 6" which means, that each frame shall
 > be displayed 6 times a long as specified in the frame.

oh, I had misunderstood the functionality...  If I press FF or REW
repreatedly, the speed increases.   In my setup, the CPU usage gets
indeed rather high: for level two >>, there is something like 5-10%
idle, 30% skipped frames, for fastest >>, 0% idle, 50% skipped
frames.

So, the fact that FF did not seem to work was that actually it was not
even intended to be fast, and second and third press do give an OK FF.

I do not know if the subtitle event slot warning is is really
important, since the trickspeed seems to work now.

yours,
		Jouni