[vdr] Re: ACPI-Wakeup for VDR

Sergei Haller wrote:

Yes, this is the advantage of ACPI: there is a standard behind it. If the board has a good implementation of ACPI, then it should work.
AFAIK, the LinVDR people are using acpi for wakeup for quite a long time.
AFAIk the LinVDR people are using Perl for everything. I have only a little Busybox-based setup, less than 16MB. (And I hate Perl :-) )

the only disadvantage of acpi-wakeup is that it is only able to wakeup daily. I.e., if your nextr recording is in 10 days at 20:15, the pc will wake up every day at 20:15.
See my last message, let's wait for Linux 2.4.27. The hope dies last of all.

Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index