[vdr] Re: VDR 1.3.12 buffer optimizations

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:55:17 +0000, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Dominique Simon wrote:
>>
>> Am 19.09.2004 um 18:11 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>>
>> > Sorry, there's no new version of VDR yet, but I've done some
>> > optimizing on the buffer handling in cRemux, which appears to
>> > avoid buffer overflows when several recordings are done.
>>
>> Will the "cDVBTuner Patch" be in one of the next Dev. VDR Versions?
>> That patch cured ALL my fw_cmd_idle errors (AKA UPT Error) completely.
>> It now runs absolutely stable. Before the patch, i had black screens
>> when switching channels every now and then, only restarting VDR and
>> reinserting ttpci module could make VDR go back to work.
>>
>> Please consider including that patch in one of the next Dev Versions.
>
> I haven't had time to look into this, yet.
> If it actually improves things, I sure will include it.
> Right now I'm trying to iron out some buffer overflows I have when doing
> several recordings at the same time...

it seems so... I just applied both patches and the dvbtuner
patch also here improves switching times quite a lot and I use a
fullfeatured dvb-c card + a budget dvb-t one (which is what needed to be
tested as far as I understood the author who only has a single ff-dvb-s
card)

I currently have more problems when watching recordings and fast forward /
dealing with marks. It can take up to ~10 seconds before anything happens.
I used to get vdr hangs (had to kill vdr + reload dvb-ttpci module) in the
BlitBitmap() OSD call but michael hunoldt + me seem to have fixed that in
latest dvb-kernel cvs-driver (well it timeouts now - cause is still
unknown).

Soeren.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index