[linux-dvb] timeshift and more

Hi,

since a few days I'm the proud owner of 2 DVB cards. One of the biggest
advantages of this configuration for me is the possibility to perform
timeshift. If I set up a timer, then the second card is used to record
the program and I can start replaying when ever I want. If I start
recording manually, then on my system the first card is used to record
the data. Since only the first card can be used to replay my movie I
have to wait until the recording has been finished.

So my question is: Is there a possibility to start a recording
--manually-- on the second card (if one is present in the system and is
not used at the moment)?  Given this opportunity would enable a behavior
commercial digital recorders provide through a PAUSE-Key (or similar).

Another (not so important) feature that I would appreciate very much
somewhere in the future is a 'mute'-Key. Since I most often use
TV-speaker and my Hifi-system for the audio output I have to handle a
complete set of RCs in case the telefon rings or the neighbour
complains.BTW is is possible to control the output volume of the DVB
card depending on the channel and/or source that is used for replaying.
PRO7 is loud, DVD is very silent ... An adjustment possibility somewhere
in the configuration files would be very fine. I know that I can do all
this manually, but I'm very eager to reduce the total number of remote
controls.

Arno