[linux-dvb] Re: DiSEqC 2.x

> Just for your interest: hunz and friends (the dbox2 people) made this
> step already some months ago -- their frontend drivers include the
> sec-stuff. The sec-device is still there, but only for compatibility. I
> don't want to bloat the code for compatibility reasons so I highly
> recommend to drop this support. Experimental devices can still get
> realized by experimental drivers.
but PLEASE keep the possibility to, at least in the internal module, to
seperate demod, tuner and sec. maybe add 3 command callbacks (like
dvb_command now) for tuner, demod and sec.

for example, there are frontends with diffrerent tuners (for example i got a
stv0299-based frontend with an TDA5059, and i believe there are frontends
with stv and mitel), as well as frontends-solutions with externel SEC (for
example in the dbox2, where SEC is controlled via the frontprocessor or
other boxes where SEC is made (at least H/V) with GPIO).

it would be great if one, say, stv0299-driver would fit for all frontends
based on stv0299.

so maybe small wrapper functions, or stuff.

felix domke