[linux-dvb] Re: DiSEqC 2.x

Felix Domke wrote:

> but PLEASE keep the possibility to, at least in the internal module, to
> seperate demod, tuner and sec. maybe add 3 command callbacks (like
> dvb_command now) for tuner, demod and sec.

We realized this somewhat differently in our driver since some parts of
the sec-device are realized by the frontend, some of the hardware around
the frontend module: you register a ioctl-handler and two handlers which
get called before and after this ioctl. Voltage- (and sometimes 22kHz-)
generation are done by the latter two callbacks.

> for example, there are frontends with diffrerent tuners (for example i got a
> stv0299-based frontend with an TDA5059, and i believe there are frontends
> with stv and mitel), as well as frontends-solutions with externel SEC (for
> example in the dbox2, where SEC is controlled via the frontprocessor or
> other boxes where SEC is made (at least H/V) with GPIO).

This problem is not dbox2-specific, all frontend modules I know have to
switch H/V externally. The frontend module is STB-independent.

The STB-dependent part of the driver registers the before/after handlers
for H/V, sometimes Tone generation and always LNB Power.

The current dbox2-code implements all DiSEqC stuff except voltage and
tone generation in the frontend driver.

- Holger