[linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT bug report

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 11:12:09AM +0200, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Philip Armstrong wrote:
> >Oh right. I did wonder if it might be something like that, but it
> >keeps doing so for at least several minutes. How long would you expect
> >it to take?
>
> (Forever until it finds a valid DVB signal;)

So it just loops around the frequency range until it finds something
it can lock on to?

> >I'll try, but we're taking a total machine lockup here -- the panic
> >happens inside an interrupt handler and the machine halts on the
> >spot. I'll try and remember to copy down the data by hand next time it
> >happens.
>
> Do you use a SMP kernel?

Nope, single CPU, kernel not compiled for SMP. The graphics card is a
dual head Matrox G400, with all the TVout stuff working, so I can get
DVD / DTV playback on the TV with surround sound etc etc via mplayer.
(Hence my motivation for using the NEWSTRUCT modules -- the original
ones take several minutes to load on this machine)

cheers,

Phil