[linux-dvb] Re: frequency bending on DVB-T cards

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

I've just noticed a behavioural difference between "DVB/driver" and "dvb-kernel"
(I have temporarily removed my grundig mods in case it was that)

If I do "dvbtune -f .....", and then "dvbtune -m", in DVB/driver, this works fine,
but in dvb-kernel, it "loses" the the tuning after about 4 seconds.

Similarily, dvbscan (from dvbsak) has problems with dvb-kernel.

Could this be something to do with not keeping the frontend device open?

Spotted the problem. in "DVB/linux", if "fe->dvbdev->users" is non-zero,

it keeps the fe-thread running.
this is a bug. I'll fix it...

Holger