[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

> On Saturday 09 August 2003 14:28, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
> > Just to compare I put debug=1 in quite a few of the dvb modules and
> > tuned to a few channels.  It's now really hot here and the card appears
> > to only tune to one channel and then crash when tuning to the next one.
>
> Interesting! Do I understand this right that tuning the first time never
> fails, but only the next attempts? Or does the first try also fails
> sometimes?

Couldn't say for definite.  I *think* it once failed first go, but usually
it fails after 4-8 channel changes.  Recently it has been down to 1-4
changes.

> Did you already tried to cool down the card somehow? As I wrote before
thats
> makes a big difference to my card.

Yes, at one point I had an 80mm fan pointing straight at it, but recently I
have had nothing, and also temps here in the UK reached 36 ish yesterday, so
fairly hot.  I guess this represents worst case conditions, but to be honest
I am ditching this card because I need something 100% reliable.

Currently I am having huge problems with the new Nova-T though (grr).  With
either the old DVB branch, dvb-kernel, or 2.6 kernel and built in drivers I
get a terrible corrupted stream direct from the card.

Something like: dvbstream -f 505833 -o 600 601 -ps| mplayer -
gives an unwatchable mess which quickly (within seconds) crashes mplayer.
However, the picture is roughly visible, just tons of breakup.

I'm loosing enthusiasm very quickly, but I might drag out my older machine
and fire the card up on that to see if it works there.  However, everything
is fine under the windows driver, and swapping slots has so far made no
difference (have not played with PCI latencies yet)

ANyway, thanks so much for working on this driver

Ed W