[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C QAM128 errors and signal strength

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:08:41PM +0300, Juha wrote:
> Hi there Lauri,
>
> Thanks for your answer, good to hear that. I guess the budget TT is my
> choice. One additional question: Have you used it in the HTV cable
> network in Finland? I don't know a whole lot about the dvb standard, but
> I've understood eg. from this thread, that the Siemens budget card has
> some problems in the HTV network. Something about QAM128 that affects at
> least some channels (at least nelonen I guess). Don't know whether this
> question is totally irrelevant.

Yep, I'm on the HTV network.

Also, if there's some problems with the HTV signal strenght, you can call
them and ask them to come and check the signal levels. If you live in an
apartment building, the apartment builsing pays for it. But if the visit
is unnecessary you might end up paying for it yourself, so be careful
when asking them to come by :)

--
  Lauri