[linux-dvb] OT: vdr-install/plugins (Was: daemon for dedicated dvb-card.)

Am Mittwoch, 20. August 2003 23:28 schrieben Sie:
Hello,

> Oh well, I wonder how you got Linux running, if you don't read the
> documentation and the online-resources (sorry, couldn't resist).
well.. I read the Docs an Online resources.. but. see below.

> VDR is originally designed to work with a remote control - but you don't
> need one. After the first start it insists on learning at least one way
> to control it - the keyboard. If you don't have a full-featured card,
> you should compile it with 'OSD_DEBUG=1' to see the on-screen-display
> messages on the console. Then start it, teach it the basic commands
> (even though you'll never need them; it's just a matter of a minute or
> so) and after that you can control it via telnet to port 2001.

Ok.. Ehm.. Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of 'DEBUG'.
For me it is, to get more information about, what a Program is doing, to find
(logical) errors in my Program. This is for me Debug. And not to set up an
ncurses-interface where some output is done.. Sorry..

Okokokok.. Now vdr works, and i got the streamdev plugin. But this seems have
an error, so i must set up a channel number, an can not say, i want to see
the actual channel.

And another question.. Can vdr (i know the v stands for video) record
audio-only (with plugins)?

Thanks. Timo.