[linux-dvb] Re: Choosing the "best" DVB-S premium card

tarass@club-internet.fr writes:
 > Alas, it's still a big problem, even the tv out is good, even the cam is
 > working (only with dvr): there is no vdr teletext subtitles support for
 > canal+ and canalsatellite set of channels.
 > And it's a shame !
 >
 > Thanks very mutch to everyone for the work he's done, of course !! ;-)
 >
 > But beg for a real cam support without necesseraly using vdr.
 > That will give the choice to use other programs (mplayer for example),
 > depending of the task to do. Then it'll have a sense to make a dvb
 > subtitles support on mplayer.

As we discussed here before, you can see in our libdvb package how the CI
part of VDR can be used in other programs.
Maybe the whole stuff should be moved into a C based libci package
which could be used by all programs.
Btw., the same CI code works for us with KNC budget cards. With a
little work it should also be possible to support NOVA CI cards.

Ralph