[linux-dvb] Re: Stock Linux kernel readyness?

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 18:22, Tim Squires wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building a system containing a Nova-t PCI card using FC3.
>
> It looks like all the bits are there: device and frontend but the frontend
> is not being loaded. i.e. not frontend0 device.
>
> Should the latest stock kernels work with the nova-t and I'm being
> stupid/missing something or do I need to go for the vanilla kernel source
> with patches and dvb-kernel links?
>
> If so which is the best kernel version to go for, 2.6.10 rc2?
>
> If anyone has got the nova-t card working with or without a stock kernel
> on FC3, please let me know.

I have it working. Well, sort of.
I am using 2.6.10rc2. It works with both, the dvb drivers that come with
that kernel and the cvs version of the dvb drivers.

BUT

I have to reboot my computer after a cold start after vdr was started.
Otherwise I have signal, but no data arrives.

This seems to be a known problem for some months now. At least
I found several reports of this.  If I find a fix I will tell you (read: the
list).

Kind regards,
Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index