[linux-dvb] Re: DVB character coding...

"Robert Schlabbach" <robert_s@gmx.net> writes:

> But the codings 0x12 and 0x13 bring up another problem: In KSC5601 and
> GB2312, the codes 0x80 through 0x9F are used as lead bytes - but DVB
> defines them as control codes. Obviously you can't have the same byte serve
> two different meanings. I suppose there simply are no control codes for
> these character codings?

My code does control code handling for codings < 0x10 only.  Don't
remember why I did it that way though.  Maybe because the specs sayed
so, but also might be because its unclear how control codes are
supposed to work with the multibyte encodings.

> <RTL> Television - Long name is "RTL Television", short name is "RTL"
> <S>uper< RTL>    - Long name is "Super RTL", short name is "S RTL"
>
> This is something I didn't know before...

Intesting, I didn't know either ;)

BTW: I've seen ^Z (0x1a) in eit descriptions, what the heck does that
mean?  I've noticed because xml parsers refuse to accept the files if
you stuff that as-is into a xml file ...

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index