[linux-dvb] Re: Frontend IP based

Hi,
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 05:43:47PM +0100, Thomas Sailer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 13:53 +0100, Wolfgang Wegner wrote:
> What exactly do you mean by "the delay of this particular packet"?
> That's the part I do not quite understand. First I thought you meant by
> this that you do roundtrip delay measurements, that's why I asked why
> you needed the absolute delay.

We needed the absolute delay because we did in-house distribution for
the TS over a network, e.g. for a surround system, each device doing
decoding of its own. In case some devices are using ethernet and
others wireless LAN, they have different absolute delays, but still
should be synchronized.

Was this your question?

> Tom

Regards,