[vdr] Re: Problems with Aspect-Ratio in DVD-Playback

On Saturday 07 September 2002 05:49, Ernst Lehmann wrote:

[...]

> but nothing changes. Error is the same. After a few seconds of the
> movie, the apsect-ratio switches to a wrong mode...

oh great, another strangely mastered DVD ....
What output format have you selected in the setup? You could try to use the
other format ....

Also, could you please enable DVDDEBUG in dvd.c and send me the output for
those DVD's.

> Another question.
>
> Is it perhaps a better solution, to switch the aspect-ratio with a
> button on the remote-control, instead of guessing it from the movie. So
> the audience can select the mode, they want ??

Just setting the DVB card to a specific aspect ration might not help, there is
a certain interaction between the selected output aspect ration and the mpeg
attributes.

Have fun

    Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index