[vdr] Re: Problems with Aspect-Ratio in DVD-Playback

On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 13:58, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> On Saturday 07 September 2002 05:49, Ernst Lehmann wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > but nothing changes. Error is the same. After a few seconds of the
> > movie, the apsect-ratio switches to a wrong mode...
>
> oh great, another strangely mastered DVD ....
> What output format have you selected in the setup? You could try to use the
> other format ....

I have 16:9 in the setup.

Now I played with 4:3. The result is, that the movie starts direct in
4:3 and not in 16:9 and then after some seconds switching to 4:3 :)

> Also, could you please enable DVDDEBUG in dvd.c and send me the output for
> those DVD's.

Is via PM to you.

> > Another question.
> >
> > Is it perhaps a better solution, to switch the aspect-ratio with a
> > button on the remote-control, instead of guessing it from the movie. So
> > the audience can select the mode, they want ??
>
> Just setting the DVB card to a specific aspect ration might not help, there is
> a certain interaction between the selected output aspect ration and the mpeg
> attributes.

Hmm, I think here about my HollyWood Pro+ MPEG-Card. There I can adjust
16:9 and then, it will be 16:9 and nothing else....

--

Bye

	Ernst
---------