[vdr] Re: Problems with Aspect-Ratio in DVD-Playback

Maybe a dumb question, but your TV set *isn't* set to some kind
of "autodetect screen type" ?

If I set mine to such a setting, it tries to be smart and switches
from 16:9 to 4:3 and vice versa from time to time. Preferrably on
dark scenes in the movie, where it's hard to autodetect the borders...

JM2¢

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de

On Saturday 07 September 2002 12:40, Ernst Lehmann wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 13:58, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> > On Saturday 07 September 2002 05:49, Ernst Lehmann wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > but nothing changes. Error is the same. After a few seconds of the
> > > movie, the apsect-ratio switches to a wrong mode...
> >
> > oh great, another strangely mastered DVD ....
> > What output format have you selected in the setup? You could try to use
> > the other format ....
>
> I have 16:9 in the setup.
>
> Now I played with 4:3. The result is, that the movie starts direct in
> 4:3 and not in 16:9 and then after some seconds switching to 4:3 :)
>
> > Also, could you please enable DVDDEBUG in dvd.c and send me the output
> > for those DVD's.
>
> Is via PM to you.
>
> > > Another question.
> > >
> > > Is it perhaps a better solution, to switch the aspect-ratio with a
> > > button on the remote-control, instead of guessing it from the movie. So
> > > the audience can select the mode, they want ??
> >
> > Just setting the DVB card to a specific aspect ration might not help,
> > there is a certain interaction between the selected output aspect ration
> > and the mpeg attributes.
>
> Hmm, I think here about my HollyWood Pro+ MPEG-Card. There I can adjust
> 16:9 and then, it will be 16:9 and nothing else....
>
> > Have fun
> >
> >     Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index