[vdr] Re: Problems with Aspect-Ratio in DVD-Playback

On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 12:47, Karsten Mueller wrote:

> Maybe a dumb question, but your TV set *isn't* set to some kind
> of "autodetect screen type" ?

Hmm, as far as I know, there is no such function in my TV-Set :-))
But I will investigate my TV-Set :-)

> If I set mine to such a setting, it tries to be smart and switches
> from 16:9 to 4:3 and vice versa from time to time. Preferrably on
> dark scenes in the movie, where it's hard to autodetect the borders...

And if I watch the same movie, via my HollyWood Pro via xine, the Ratio
is 16:9 without any problems.

And I testet the Movie The Matrix (RC2) wich is also 16:9. This movie
works perfect via the VDR-DVD-Plugin...

> JM2¢
>
> - --
> with best regards
> - ---
> Karsten Mueller
> Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
> RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
> Admiralitaetstr. 59
> 20459 Hamburg
> Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de