[vdr] Re: Annoying EMERGENCY EXITs

> > > Well, simply change cThread::EmergencyExit() to
> > >
> > > bool cThread::EmergencyExit(bool Request)
> > > {
> > >   if (!Request)
> > >      return emergencyExitRequested;
> > >   esyslog("initiating emergency exit");
> > >   return false; // <--------- insert this line
> > >   return emergencyExitRequested = true; // yes, it's an assignment,
not a comparison!

> > > That way you'll still see when VDR would have requested an emergency
> > > exit, but won't let it actually do it.
>>
> So my guess would be it's in thread.c ;-)

Hi All, Kls,
can't we make it optional via some kind of osd question ? ''do u want to
restart vdr?"
in case of a yes then let it proceed
in a case of no give u control over osd menu to either tune to another
channel or do anything else, imho if the driver is crashed then quite
everything would be freezed and a cold start should solve the issue

+++
MedMed