[vdr] Re: Suggestion: Change default bitrate in mplayer.sh.conf

Sebastian Kemper wrote:

>> What is remarkable
>> about that is, that my P4 2.4 GHz system has only a load of 75% or even
>> less - so there should be plenty of computing power left.
>
> Hello Juri, I don't want to upset you but my Duron 1.3 GHz plays them
> with ~55% and 62% tops. I have 256MB Apacer CL2 PC2100 less 8MB for

As long as we don't talk about the exact same video, the load of the
system says nothing.

> onboard gfx, Slackware 9.0, MPlayer 0.9 stable, VOP now set to 5000 and
> cache to 16 MB. But I use RGB so the vids don't have to be converted to
> PAL.

Well, if it isn't a MPEG video you are playing, it has to be converted
regardless of the TV norm.
As I said, I think it's a problem in mplayer.

>> I think, everyone has to find the optimal value for his individual system
>> for himself.

> You're right. Maybe you could mention the chopiness from high bitrates
> on your website, though.

I'll see what I can do. I'd recommend to leave the bitrate as high as
possible and only lower it if you get choppy scenes.

Cheers,
Juri