[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer Plugin 0.8.2 available

Ondrej Wisniewski wrote:
> Juri Haberland wrote:
>> Ondrej Wisniewski wrote:
>>
>>> I was wondering if it would be possible to include the selection of the
>>> audio track in an avi (divx) file in a future release. Today some ugly hack
>>> (e.g. changing mplayer.sh.conf with a command in commands.conf) is
>>> necessary to achieve this. It would be much nicer to be able to choose the
>>> default audio track from the mplayer menu in VDR. Any chance this will be
>>> implemented shortly ? If not, where would I need to change the source code
>>> in order to set the mplayer option "-aid x" ?
>>
>> I would propose to set an environment variable and to modify the mplayer.sh
>> script to check for such an env-var.

> Also the environment variable would have to be set form a command in the
> commands.conf. Would this variable be visible to mplayer.sh ?

No.

> This still doesn't sound like a clean solution to me. Would a code change be very
> difficult to impelmetnthis feature ?

Either you do it with env-vars or you pass a new parameter to the
mplayer.sh script. There are no other ways as the mplayer-plugin doesn't
call MPlayer directly - it just calls the mplayer.sh with the video (and
optionally SLAVE) as parameters.

Cheers,
Juri