[vdr] Re: feature request: Instant Replay

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> This has been discussed several times in the past.
> I don't think that it's worth going through all the trouble
> for a feature that will be unused 99.99% of the time.
> Besides, it would most likely slow down channel switching.

Hmm, IMHO such feature would be very useful. It's very common that you do
something else while watching tv, like eat or IRC or surf the web etc..
Then you see something interesting on the TV but have already missed most
of it. :)

Or, you see something that would be nice to archive, like your friends at
ice hockey match.. When you see that, it's already too late to start
recording.

Of course it's possible to manually enter the timeshift mode after
changing channels, but that requires some effort... And effort is
something that typical couch potato tries to avoid. :)

I think this is just a matter of entering timeshift mode automatically,
and exiting timeshift when changing channels? I can't see why this would
slow down channel switching..

--
Teemu
http://zuik.org/