[vdr] Re: feature request: Instant Replay

> Hmm, IMHO such feature would be very useful. It's very common that you do
> something else while watching tv, like eat or IRC or surf the web etc..
> Then you see something interesting on the TV but have already missed most
> of it. :)

I have to agree with you completely.

In my case, I have made it a habit to timeshift *every* single show I am
watching live, because very often there is a piece of dialog that I missed and
would like to review. So at the moment it means not only 2 extra keypresses at
the beginning (I can live with that), but I also have to delete the show
manually afterwards, and when I forget to do that, my disk fills up rather
quickly, so then I have to do extra housekeeping work.

So I have to disagree with Klaus that this is a "99.99% useless feature".
For him it may very well be that, but for others it isn't. On the other hand, I
wouldn't call it a top priority issue as you can already achieve the result
by manually timeshifting everything. So its more of a a "nice to have"...