[vdr] Re: feature request: Instant Replay

Also sprach Teemu Suikki zu "21.11.2003 16:43" Anno Domini:

> I think this is just a matter of entering timeshift mode automatically,
> and exiting timeshift when changing channels? I can't see why this would
> slow down channel switching..

I CAN understand, that this would slow down channel switching as the
recording has to be stopped and I can imagine, that channel switching
might be a bit slower in transfer mode (due to some decoding queues,
perhaps).

But your suggestion might also cause some other problems: You would
always record your hard disc until it is filled up (remember leaving vdr
online with tv switch off over night). Off course you can set a zero
lifetime for the "timeshifing" recording, but this will also only shrink
the problem not eleminating it! That's why I requested a MEMORY
ringbuffer, which cannot be done already.

Anyway, obviously I missed the discussions about this issue. If Klaus
sees no public interest in it, I can understand this fact. Finally he
has to decide, what he wants to implement and what not. Maybe anytime,
there would be a wider public interest.

@Klaus: Thank you for your quick and polite answer. Maybe I can
contribute something like that anytime as a patch or plugin (after I
finished my diploma thesis, which will take all my time the next 9
months :-) ). Thank you for this great piece of software.

CU/all
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "/vmlinuz does not exist.