[vdr] Re: feature request: Instant Replay

Am Freitag, 21. November 2003 23:28 schrieb Steffen Barszus:

> > Or did I make any mistake here?
>
> You did :)
>
> The recorded signal will be seen and after that go in the ringbuffer. So
> the ringbuffer can be filled. At least from theoretically point of
> view.

Oops, you're right, of course one would like to wind backwards the
60 seconds not forward :-)

> I think this should be done with a plugin or be optional. I would rather
> prefer to not have such a feature eating my RAM

I would prefer a hard disk solution to have 10 minutes to go back. This
could be a plugin that can be activated on demand only for the current
channel. So it will be turned off most of the time. Would be nice for live
sport events when you expect scenes you'd like to replay.

Martin