[vdr] Timeline + LNB-sharing?

j.schmitz@web.de(Jürgen Schmitz)  03.01.05 18:39

>Rainer Zocholl wrote:

>> j.schmitz@web.de(Jürgen Schmitz)  03.01.05 12:20

>>>I'm using vdr function to check weather a channel is available on a
>>>device.
>>

>> So it will lead (sometimes) to false results with "LNB-sharing"?
>>
>> a) a recording on "horizontal" is currently running -> all
>>    simultanious timers on "vert" will be deteted to fail -> OK
>>
>> b) no recording is running -> all  vert/hor, lo/hi (,dish
>>    positition?) conflicts will pass the test?
>>

>If ProvicesChannel()

Where is that?

>says TRUE and the Frequency is tuned or a device
>is free, there are no conflicts. I can only use what VDR tells me.
>So if LNB-sharing is an additional patch for VDR timeline plugin also
>needs to know of this somehow. See line 363-404 in checkerOsd.c.

Ah, ok thanks for the useful infos.
Hm, it's only checking "frequnency", not polarization and Lo/Hi
if i read right.

>If the patch adds some kind of function that helps me to test if a
>Channel is available if another channel is tuned on another device (or
>maybe this function already exists) this test might be possible.

I don't think so as it seems to depend on "runtime locking" ;-(
so timeline would need to allocate the receiver "really"...

But i'll simply try... just a moment....
timer 1 hor, timer 2 on vert, overlapping:
em, no, no conflict shows up :-(

But i can't test what happens with motor dishes, CAMs
and other shared resources.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index