[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.6.2 plugin

> Could you provide me some sample recordings with different formats, e.
> g. 5 to 10 seconds of each format should be sufficient. You might want
> to send me the download URLs to my private email address.

OK, I am on a modem though and it's not permanent dialup.  Do you have
an ftp account I can upload it to?

Also, how can I extract any sublength from an existing recording?

> > I'm was hoping there would be some way of having vdr adjust its own
> > display mode based on the afd.  In any case this is of super low
> > priority, just getting the image display correct is the biggest issue
> > for me.
>
> VDR doesn't process the video stream: VDR just records it ;-)
>
> It's xine which has to do processing and scaling.

Yes, I understand that, but I do not have any idea about how the vdr
menu system works in relation to this, I was thinking that if xine
expands the display, the menu will expand on a 1:1 scale, un thus some
of the menu would be cut off.  If this is incorrect then great ;-)

> > I've asked about scaling on the xine list a few times, and have not
> > recieved even one reply.  I don't think they are intrested in my
> > problem, I think most users in australia are using mythtv, which I
> > think has xoom/afd support already.
>
> Well, I experience the same problem too: most xine developers are busy
> with other things and it takes quite some time until my patches for
> vdr-xine get integrated into CVS. But I don't mind: it's a hobby and not
> business ;-)

Yes, Its just a frustrating feeling you get when your ignored..

> Anyway, I'd like to give it a try to implement AFD into xine but I need
> your support as mentioned above. And I also think that it should be
> possible to do the scaling even with vidix. I own a Matrox G550 and use
> it with the vidix driver too, so I can test it that way.
>
> The basic idea is to do the opposite of xine's expand post process
> plugin which puts 16:9 material into a 4:3 frame at almost no CPU cost.
> Works even with vidix (but not with xxmc which I use for a VIA EPIA board)!

OK cool, but I use vidixfb for my tv-out can you test this also??

Thanks for you help!

Mick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index