[linux-dvb] Re: Network: a new hope

> Urgh, ntp, parallel capturing, etc. ...
>
> I think I better figure out how to dump the packages in a pcap-like
> format directly from the TS from userspace.
> Maybe even analyzing the packets directly would be easier.

Of course it would be best to have the pcap-compatible output,
bypassing all the kernel stack and having wide choice of tools
to analyze the packets.

I have dumped the section lengths and it often dumps some section
packets of 62 bytes, and section packets of 1410 bytes long.
but there are present also quite a high 'background' spectrum of
packets with lengths inbetween them, and some are even higher that
1410, i've seen 1510 for example.

If 62 is for tcp ack and 1410 is for standard tcp payload of 1360,
then I *THINK* there are too many values inbetween, coming from the
'background', that must be some noise or garbage coming from possible
icorrect section de-capsulation because the tcp stream doesn't consist
of so much variations in packet size, as can be seen with tcpdump for
example

Emard