[linux-dvb] Re: budget hang after EPG scan

-- 2.6.10-rc1, skystar2 2.6B, stv0299 --

You might remember that I reported "no data" from the skystar2
some time a ago, a problem that might be related.

I think I now found a way to reproduce the error; perhaps this helps
somebody to track this error down:

- zap to a channel and leave it running
- set a filter (I'm using select on 8192)
- remove the lnb while both programs are running
- wait a few seconds
- reconnect the lnb: zap looks ok again
- stop and restart the filter: no more data is available; killing and
  restarting zap, and then starting the filter again doesn't work either.

Only removing and re-inserting the modules helps.

Perhaps this is only one of some errors.
Under some circumstances, when the "no data" problem happens, rmmod
does not work, only with -f: it reports 'Skystar2 is in use".
Unfortunately, I have not found a way yet to reproduce this error
reliably. It surely as well has something to do with a missing signal.

I know, removing the lnb isn't a thing that many people will be doing ;-)
Here, it happens as I only use a single lnb, with loop-through from the
ff card, so this will happen when I'm not careful, and - see above -
this might be related to the vdr problem.

Wolfgang

Home | Main Index | Thread Index