[vdr] Re: 1.3.1 and Conax not working

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Please try to find out why VDR doesn't send any CA descriptors
>to the CAM. Check if GetCaDescriptors() is ever called, and whether
>it returns anything useful. One strange thing with your settings is
>that the NID is 0 - is your provider really using NID=0? Maybe this
>causes trouble at some point...

Sorry for the long delay before I got time to do some debugging. We're
building a house and that takes some time off the hacking. :)

Anyway, I looked at cCaDescriptors::GetCaDescriptors to see if it gets
called and what happens. It does get called, repeatedly, about once a
second and always with the same values:

cCaDescriptors::GetCaDescriptors: Source: 16384, Transponder: 154000, ServiceId: 49

It loops through 6 cCaDescriptors that I apparently have, and checks the
Is() method. This is what the cCaDescriptors objects contain:

cCaDescriptors::Is: source: 16384, transponder: 154, serviceid: 65
cCaDescriptors::Is: source: 16384, transponder: 154, serviceid: 97
cCaDescriptors::Is: source: 16384, transponder: 154, serviceid: 161
cCaDescriptors::Is: source: 16384, transponder: 154, serviceid: 257
cCaDescriptors::Is: source: 16384, transponder: 154, serviceid: 322
cCaDescriptors::Is: source: 16384, transponder: 154, serviceid: 4401
cCaDescriptors::Is: source: 16384, transponder: 154, serviceid: 49

So apparently the "transponder" field should be multiplied by 1000, which
is how it was in the 1.2 series, right? The last cCaDescriptors object
would be the one to be returned. I tried to just brutally multiply the
transponder with 1000 so that it would get matched, and that brings some
kind of success. VDR can now tune to the encrypted channels after one
minute of:

ERROR: CAM: Read failed: slot 0, tcid 1
CAM: retrying to establish connection

When the channels finally tune in I assume my dirty hack causes some side
effects, as all the encrypted channels are shown perfectly for a second or
so, after which the screen blinks to black for less than a second, picture
ok again, black etc. In the logs I see that a lot of GetCaDescriptors()
calls occur, maybe due to the "hack".

Is this of any help? It would seem to me that the cCaDescriptors instances
get created with the wrong transponder even though channels.conf has the
correct one (ie *=1000).

Does this help in any way?

--
        Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man