[vdr] Re: Feature Request: restart on UPT

Hi Klaus,

Martin Schoenbeck schrieb:

I just did some grep on my syslog. During the last month I had 7 UPT and 27 VDSB ,-) The UPT where on four days (25th, 26th, 28th and 29th of January) with four intermixing VDSB. Perhaps it's due to comparable reasons, but nobody was annoyed by VDSB by now, because it was cured by restart automatically. May be the locking is a little bit faster with good weather and then an UPT occurs, otherwise an VDSB.

I didn't get any dots in my log up to now. But with an average of one restart a day, something should happen soon.
It was not obviously better here. I had four UPT and seven VDSB here within seven days. This seems to be even a bit more, but I think, this is within measurement precision.

But I have two observations, which may be interesting. I've also patched, that vdr does a restart as soon as an UPT is seen. But now there were up to three errors and 'initiation emergency exit' until vdr really restart. And one UPT arose on 'ARD', which is also the channel for setting the clock. Between starting the recorder thread and the first UPT there were 17 'System Time' 'Local Time' entries in syslog switching the clock back and forth a few seconds.

Martin