[vdr] Re: Handling of reccmds.conf and commands.conf

Robert Huitl wrote:

> Tobias Grimm wrote:
> > Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > > Why don't you simply make /etc/vdr/commands.conf a symbolic link to
> > > /var/cache/vdr/commands.conf?
> >
> > That wouldn't be much better. It doesnt't make very much of a difference,
> > if it's just a link or the real file in /etc/vdr. Under /etc should only be
> > files, that can be edited by the user.
>
> Dynamic config files aren't that nice either. What about patching vdr to load
> *.conf from a directory /etc/vdr/commands.d? A vdr-related package would only
> have to place its config file there.

Why do commands from plugins (which I assume this is about) have to be
in commands.conf, anyway? Wouldn't it be much better to present these
commands to the user in the context of the particular plugin?

As always, I want to keep things simple ;-)

Klaus