[vdr] Re: fbxine vdr-xine matrox problem

> > is it possible to run vdr -Pxine on one computer and
> > attach to it over local network from another computer with xine?

> Maybe you should have a look at the streamdev plugin. To make use of it, you
> have to run VDR and the streamdev plugin on both computers. I'm not shure, but
> at least you will have to run the xine plugin too on the computer, where
> you'll want to use xine.

Yes. You need a modified version of xine-lib on the client computer. You
could try mounting the stream directory via NFS and running vdr-xine on
the client. This doesn't pose any problems in a home network.

This seems to work with recordings (I haven't had the time to install a
modified xine-lib on my portable yet, ordinary xine doesn't recognise
the MRL of course).

Cheers

Tony Grant

--