[vdr] Re: How to kill an svdrp connection from vdr ?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

No "unique ids", please. I like the plain and simple numbering approach.
Why?
I cannot see one drawback by having just one unique id for every timer / recording / whatever.

With your number approach you can get into hell a lot of problems with synchronisation whenever an new item is added or an existing one is moved / deleted.

Imho things will get simpler using unique ids rather than numbers.
I mean, you do use pointers to objects instead of indices in one big object array when programming OOP too, dont you?

I'd really like to know why you think that unique ids would make everything more complex.

I'll get to this once I have time. It really isn't a pressing problem, is it?
For me it is a problem :)

I do use vdradmin, kvdr and pocket pc app to control vdr ...

But, dont get me wrong, I do _not_ want to offend you / say you did bad work or anything like that nor do I believe that you have to fix everything I do not like / would like to have.

kind regards Philip

Home | Main Index | Thread Index