[vdr] Re: How to kill an svdrp connection from vdr ?

Philip Lawatsch wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > No "unique ids", please. I like the plain and simple numbering approach.
>
> Why?
> I cannot see one drawback by having just one unique id for every timer /
> recording / whatever.
>
> With your number approach you can get into hell a lot of problems with
> synchronisation whenever an new item is added or an existing one is
> moved / deleted.
>
> Imho things will get simpler using unique ids rather than numbers.
> I mean, you do use pointers to objects instead of indices in one big
> object array when programming OOP too, dont you?
>
> I'd really like to know why you think that unique ids would make
> everything more complex.

Well, it _is_ more complex than plain numbers, isn't it? ;-)

Besides, this would still leave the problem unsolved that changes could be made
from the menu and an SVDRP connection at the same time - which I have to
admit currently _is_ still a loophole...

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index