[linux-dvb] Re: Nova CI (or the new Nova CI Terr) and CAM?

Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Holger Waechtler writes:
>  > Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  > > Ragnar Sundblad writes:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > You are referring to drivers for the KNC1 cards I guess?
>  > >
>  > > Yes, but just the CI stuff. The KNC1 DVB-S cards already were supported
>  > > by the AV7110/SAA7146 driver (though not in the newer Convergence drivers).
>  >
>  > can you please explain a bit more in detail why the KNC1 should not work
>  > with the new driver? I don't have this card here, so I can't test it on
>  > my own, but AFAIK we include the KNC1 vendor/device id pair and the
>  > saa7146/av7110 code should support it as well.
>  >
>  > What exactly is the problem?
>
> There is no support for it in the current saa714/av7110 code besides having
> the card recognized. All support for it was in the old driver branch
> and not ported to the new one before it the old one was scrapped.
>
> One reason why the porting was not done earlier is that the tuner
> has to be handled differently but there is no way to e.g.
> configure a general stv0299 tuner module to be used for BSRU6,
> SU1278, or other tuners.

Well, if that's all then it should not be a real problem to add support.
I'll do it next week as soon I have some time to work on the public CVS
again...

> We went back to using the normal I2C drivers, added calls for
> configuring the tuner, etc.
> This also allows us to directly use the tuner module with existing
> I2C drivers for cards like e.g. the SAA7130 based Flyvideo
> DVB-S card, which, while having the same tuner as the KNC1 card,
> has some ports wired differently to the components on the card.

Could you tell me please which ones exactly? I suppose the 22kHz and
voltage control pins?

Holger