[vdr] Re: Problems with mplayer / encoding cut recordings...

Also sprach Ari Huttunen zu "26.11.2003 12:31" Anno Domini:
> Laurence Abbott wrote:
>>>
>>> Wrong list! :-)
>>

>> Fair point!
>

> I don't want to split hairs, but the list description says:
>
>> VDR mailinglist
>>
>> About Klaus Schmidinger's Video Disk Recorder VDR and other tools to
>> receive, convert and stream DVB

Oh, sorry, I never read the list's description. Anyway I didn't want to
bother someone. That's why I placed the Smiley behind my statement. I
only wanted to state, that the mplayer-developers may help much more
with that question and it seems to me, that there are not many of them
on this list.

> This falls under the "other tools" category...
>
> BTW, it's most annoying that all of these linux tools have their
> own separate mailing lists, and whatever problem there is usually
> involves more than one culpri.. err.. program. Or if I'm wrong there,
> please point me to a mailing list that handles VDR, mplayer, ffmpeg
> and xine.
>
> Ari

I'm reading the vdr-list and mplayer-dvb. I already have unsubscribed
again linux-dvb. Such a list, you wish, would have much to much traffic
as I (and many others) would read it. I don't think, that the core
xine-developers should read about every EPG-problem for example, we are
discussing here. If someone would like to discuss the different
possiblities for video output on X11 he would be quiet wrong here also.
That's why there are so many lists.

CU/all
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "/vmlinuz does not exist.