[linux-dvb] Re: cvs/dvb-kernel on vl2-prepatched kernel 2.4

Guido Draheim <guidod-2003-@gmx.de> writes:

> > Yes.
> >

> So, I want to try that, but where to start.

Don't know, havn't a DVB card (yet) and havn't even tried to build the
dvb drivers with 2.4.

> The traditional build-2.4/Makefile contains the extra modules that
> should better _not_ be installed (or even compiled?).

I'd try something like this: rm the files which are not needed
(because they already present in the kernel) from the dvb source tree,
i.e. v4l2-common. v4l1-compat, videodev2.h, videodev.h, to make sure
they are not used.

Then fixup the Makefiles until it compiles (remove deleted modules,
maybe fixup compiler include paths to make it use the kernel's
videodev*.h header files).

  Gerd

--
sigfault